Friday, August 14, 2009

Feeding the Pig


This is my piggy bank. I was given him as a gift for my 18th birthday from a friend. He is now 20 years old - I am not :-(

Every time I shop with cash and get change back ie. 5c, 10c, 20c, & 50c I keep it aside to save in my piggy bank when I get home. I find it's such an effortless way to save. From January 1st to mid April '09 I saved $85.95. I only empty him when I can't fit anything else in, and I am getting close to full again.

This weeks total for "feeding the pig" is $4.55.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I hope you don't mind I followed your post on Rhonda Jean's Bee post. This is a great way to save. I have stretched out our usual supermarket shopping out from 7 to 12 days this fortnight/week, which I am quite happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy - I don't mind at all! Stretching out my shopping days is how I went from weekly to a fortnightly shop. I find we eat better and spend less this way. Thanks for your comment!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bowl on my dresser that our change goes into. That is our "ice cream" money as our kids call it. When we want a treat, it doesn't have to come out of our budget.

    ReplyDelete